Natur-Tec® BF703B is a fully biodegradable/compostable biopolymer resin designed specifically for flexible film applications. Natur-Tec resins are fully certified to the stringent requirements of international standards for compostable plastics, such as ASTM D6400, EN 13432, and ISO 17088, therefore provide an environmentally friendly alternative to conventional plastics.
The Natur-Tec BF703B resin is engineered for high performance and can be easily processed on standard extrusion equipment. Natur-Tec films are strong and tough with excellent heat seal strength, and provide excellent printability. For applications where high barrier properties are required, Natur-Tec films can be easily combined with other substrates in a laminate structure to achieve the desire properties.
Natur-Tec BF703B can be used for film extrusion applications such as making:
- Compostable trash/garbage bags
- Carry-out bags
- Agricultural mulch film
- Films for food service and consumer packaging
- Heat sealant layer for laminate packaging structures
Natur-Tec BF703B Film in a Composting Environment
Note: The property values listed above are calculated under standard temperature and humidity conditions. These property values should be viewed as guidelines only, and may vary based on processing conditions. No warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied are made regarding products described or regarding designs, data or information set forth.
Material Process Capabilities
- Natur-Tec resins are easily processable on standard film extrusion equipment
- Films made with Natur-Tec resins have naturally high dyne and do not need corona treatment.
- Natur-Tec resins do not contain any starch that can cause the printing ink to smudge. They provide excellent printability.
- Patent Natur-Tec resins provide a 10% higher yield of bags compared to competitive compostable resins.
- Meets ASTM D6400, EN 13432 and ISO 17088 Standard Specifications for Compostable Plastics.
- Does NOT Contain Any Polyethylene or Other Conventional Plastics